Montana Ranchers



Welcome to Ranching Week here at OPOD. Today's picture is from 1942, and it shows some ranchers gathered around the dinner table in Montana, discussing cattle prices. I will have to admit I am toying with the idea of buying some cattle for out little 10 acre place here. I will probably start with two weaned calves, raise them up, and then sell one at market, and butcher the other. Recently, I have really gotten into the whole grass fed and organic craze. I believe our confined space factory raising of food leads to poor health. So, my plan is to raise my own beef. Already, we grow our own vegetables in the greenhouse, and have chickens for free range eggs. The next move will be to grow our own meat. The plan is to grow forage in the greenhouse, so the cows will eat fresh green grass year round. So, do you think I have what it takes to be a gentleman rancher?

Comments